[Dixielandjazz] pronunciations

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 2 10:39:56 PDT 2008

But Jim, you should hear the pronounciations of the various towns and cities in California  with Spanish names used by even Californians.

  I didn't know that "casi" meant "one less"

  Slainte

  Ed Coltrin

Jim Kashishian <jim at kashprod.com> wrote:
  That's the nice thing about Spanish, what you see is what you hear & say.
Once you learn the sound of the letters, they're always the same. So, you
don't get all the confussion we're discussing on djml at the moment.

Jim Kashishian (pronounced Casi-cien in Spanish....and someone once called
me "99" because of that!)

p.s. if you don't get the above humor, you'll need to take some Spanish
lessons.