[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 57, Issue 65

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 30 15:20:44 PDT 2007

seein's how I've made a lot more money playing German gigs than OKOM gigs in the last few years (well, ragtime...but can we call that OKOM???  )  I've probably played "Dance Little Bird" some 4,000 times* over 25 years.  Yesterday, through 7 1/2 hours of gigs, we did it 8 times.
 (* probably a gross overestimate, but it feels like an even grosser UNDERestimate)
Yes, I'm sick and tired of it.  No, I don't complain about it too much, because that IS what the audience wants.  If they don't have fun, we don't have that gig again.

AFA Saints, Muskat,  whatever...same thing.  If it's something someone wants to hear, I'll do it.  And, I'll do it the best I possibly can.  That's called professionalism.

In my estimation, I don't have to like it, but I have to ACT like I like it.

steve "won't even eat fried chicken any more" hoog