[Dixielandjazz] New "free" legit download site contains OKOM!

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Fri Sep 28 23:32:42 PDT 2007

http://www.spiralfrog.com

If this has not been posted by someone already.

It is the free download site now out of Beta testing, but I think still
with a few bugs in the download process. Amazingly under jazz (On the
main jazz page look for the VERY small link to "Other" or complete
listing.) it contains several sub genres covering swing, big band,
dixieland, etc.

This is a legal site that is paying the producers, or artists, or
independent labels (they are actively soliciting artists and producers
to offer their products like the pay sites.) themselves and downloading
a good number of their listed albums for free.  How long it will last is
anyone's guess. I have skipped downloading too many days already, but it
is still up and running and adding more albums or tracks!

All download songs or albums are clearly marked. On the main or first
jazz page, before you get to the sub categories, are a couple of Diane
Krull albums for example.  Lots to explore. Click all links if you dare.
No credit cards required. Advertising pays the bills.

You doesn't pay your money, but you takes your chances. This is the site
mentioned on the business page of USA Today a couple weeks ago now. It
can't be all bad.

US only for now I believe. Maybe Canada?  Sorry.

Mad Dog