[Dixielandjazz] "Black and Blue" and "Shine"

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Fri Sep 28 19:14:28 PDT 2007

I've had the Louis Armstrong recordings for over 50 years, and know each one well.  Play
both tunes often when sitting in with OKOM bands.

But I had never seen the lyrics to the verse of either -- only Louis' singing "Chocolate drop,
that's me" on the "Shine" recording.

Sheik was thoughtful to post the lyrics to the verses of both pieces recently.

I have had the lead sheets for each tune's chorus for many years, but not for either verse.

Would love to be able to play the verses for both tunes.

Anyone got a clue as to where I could find lead sheets for the verses?

Larry Swain