[Dixielandjazz] A Big Event Coming Up This Weekend!

rahberry at comcast.net rahberry at comcast.net
Thu Sep 27 06:57:43 PDT 2007

DJMLers:
The Magnolia Jazz Band will play two special concerts this weekend, one in Mountain View CA and the other in Oakland CA, both sponsored by the San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation.  Twenty years ago this band was a great favorite in the Bay Area and at festivals throughout the country.  The musicians are  Charlie DeVore tpt, Jim Klippert tbn, Bill Carter cl, Clint Baker bjo, Jeff Hamilton dr, and Robbie Schlosser sb and leader.

The MOUNTAIN VIEW concert is Saturday, September 8, at 8 pm (doors open at 7pm) in Tateuchi Hall, a lovely theater.  No dancing and no liquor served--a perfect place to just listen.
--Community School of Music & Arts, 230 San Antonio Circle, Mountain View CA.  Tickets are $20. at the door.

The OAKLAND concert is Sunday, September 30, 3 to 7 pm (doors open at 2 pm), in the 1920's era California Ballroom with a dance floor and bar.
--California Ballroom, 1736 Franklin Street, #300, Oakland CA.  Tickets are $35. at the door.

These are very special concerts.  I'll be at both.  I hope to see lots of you there.
  -- Rae Ann