[Dixielandjazz] Military Instruments

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Sep 24 23:16:32 PDT 2007

During my 5 yrs in the Air Force Band at March AFB (California, I played my
own Connstellation for awhile because I didn't like the issue horns.
However, I convinced the Commander at March to buy Constellations, and then
used the issue horn.

My last 3 yrs service were at Torrejon AB, (Madrid).  I used an issue horn,
but certainly didn't get to keep it!  There was no special markings on the
horns that I recall.  Someone must have been in charge of issuing the
instruments, but I don't recall the procedure.  I'm sure we signed something
for them.

I have no idea where they ended up, but it looks like it might have been in
Germany, as Dave said.  That makes sense as the main European band was in
Germany, and that band was/is the last Air Force band stationed in Europe.

Jim