[Dixielandjazz] Flee As A Bird

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sun Sep 23 21:02:57 PDT 2007

In the 60's the AF band played for ceremonies each year on memorial day at
Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.  The band had an arrangement of Flee
as a Bird.  We played that and Chopin's Funeral March.  The hardest thing
was doing a slow march like the Brits do.  Sort of a glide step.  I'm not
sure we did it very well at all.  I was overjoyed when they lost our name
for that gig.
Larry
StL