[Dixielandjazz] Tenor Sax Players

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Sun Sep 23 20:11:47 PDT 2007

There is some consolation, Paul -- He put you and me in the same category as
Corky Corcoran, Bob Cooper, Eddie Miller, Sam Donahue, Don Lodice, Skeets
Herfurt, Sal Nestico, Charlie Barnet, Charlie Ventura, Terry Meyers, Eddie
Daniels, Ted Nash, Teddy Nash, Jimmy Giuffre, Bill Holman, Dave Pell, Sam
Most, Roger Neuman, Bill Perkins, Vido Musso, Phil Norman, Tom Kubis, Frank
Wess, and Art Rollini just to name a few.

But why does he include Stan Kenton the piano player and Ornett Coleman the
alto guy?   In that case he should include Art Van Damme the accordionist.
And Gene Krupa the drummer.

Bob