[Dixielandjazz] Jazz dying - not it isn't!

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Sat Sep 22 08:49:56 PDT 2007

In a message dated 9/22/2007 7:45:33 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
marekboym at gmail.com writes:

People  walking by are exposed to OKOM, even
toddlers.  Marching bands play on  other streets, so that jazz is in
plentiful supply.

How wonderful. I do wish we had more places like that  here in the States but
it does make my point, all the neat places to listen to  OKOM, are not here.

Sure, there is N. O., or used to be, I don't know what  it's like now and The
Riverwalk but those are the only two places I know of in  the States where
you can go and expect to hear OKOM anytime. Or at least know  that there is a
chance you will. Anywhere else and we are scrambling to find  somewhere,
anywhere, that a band might be playing.

They have tours that come in to the local concert  places, every year, all
kinds of music. They have the "Rock" Tour, "Country  Western", etc. Groups that
tour with each other all over the States and play at  the County Fair Venues,
etc but what about a "Big Band, Jazz Tour". Why doesn't  someone put one of
them together with a selection of bands and book them at the  Fairs?

Jazz Hugs

Judie