[Dixielandjazz] Cafe Borrone in Menlo Park CA

rahberry at comcast.net rahberry at comcast.net
Sat Sep 22 01:27:01 PDT 2007

Hi Judie and DJMLers,
Tonight at Cafe Borrone Clint Baker's All-Stars included Jason Hanson on drums, Monte Reyes on Banjo, Georgia Korba guesting on bass, and Clint on guitar.  All are in their 30's or younger.  Also included in the group were Leon Oakley on cornet, Robert Young on saxes, and Jim Klippert on trombone.
We had all ages in the audience, including very young children who sat on the brass rail, very near the band, listening intently.  This was a pretty typical Friday night at the Cafe.
The ages in this band and many others I routinely hear vary quite a bit.  I am heartened by how many young people are playing OKOM, at least in our area, and to audiences of mixed ages.
One has to have hope that the music will live on....
  -- Rae Ann

From: JBruno868 at aol.com