[Dixielandjazz] Jazz dying - not it isn't!

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Fri Sep 21 15:41:19 PDT 2007

In a message dated 9/21/2007 3:09:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
marekboym at gmail.com writes:

I went  to hear the Isradixie Band in Tel Aviv.  There
the public was older,  but at least one third was less than my age,
some a lot less (they brought  little children).
In the email you've answered, I mentioned some young  bands, and young
bands attract young  audience.

Maybe it's different in other countries. I think it is  in Europe and where
you are but here it does seem to be dying with the audience.  All the festivals
I have attended the last few years have much smaller audiences  then before.
I still don't think it will ever really die. There have been  resurgence in
the past and there will be again. True art never really dies but  then again,
that is just my opinion.

Jazz Hugs

Judie