[Dixielandjazz] Jazz dying - not it isn't!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:32:49 PDT 2007

But how old are the members, Brian?
To the best of my knowledge, not too young.
Which does not mean jazz is dying (to me, controversial as it may be,
OKOM and jzz are synonyms).  There are young bands, and there is young
audience, and who's there to know it better than you?  The Dutch
Capelino (a non-Gypsy Gypsy Swing group), our own Swing de Gitanes
(all membere under 30), the British Ala Beechy, the Dutch Hot Revival
Band (have you ever heard them?  An excellent band to play in your
show), and many many others.
And I have seen young public - here in Israel, in the Netherlands,
less so in the UK (but the jazz festivals are expensive).  Where young
people can hear jazz at affordable prices - they will, even if they
won't pay one tenth of what they spent on their generation's heroes.
Cheers