[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet Vibrato

JDut953944 at aol.com JDut953944 at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 19:35:01 PDT 2007

This message bounced back twice, so I'll try once more and forgive me if  you
are inundated with clarinet vibrato.

At any rate, I've always had a vibrato since I started playing at age  9.  I
never knew what vibrato meant, just that I had it.  Possibly it  has to do
with the formation of your mouth, palate, teeth, etc.  I stayed  away from
classical music thinking that the vibrato would not go over too  well.  What I play
now, OKOM, is perfect for me.  Just sitting here  listening to Albert Nicholas
playing in the low register with his fantastic  vibrato is really beautiful.
The vibrato is not planned, it just is.

Carol, Clarinet