[Dixielandjazz] Posting etiquette

Denny Schreffler dennyschreffler at email.com
Wed Sep 19 21:12:33 PDT 2007

dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com

Hi, Dixie Guys/Gals, I just signed up for your list.  I would like to
post a link to an ebay auction (not yet active) of one of my cornets that
will be of great interest to many Trad Jazzer tpt types, but I don't see,
in any recent posts, that anyone is doing anything so crass.  I tried to
email your administrators several days ago asking if this would be ok,
but didn't get a response. I don't want to take advantage of your list if
you don't want this sort of thing there. I'd love to spend time on your
board -- I play lead in a 1938-'39 BG re-creation band in Tucson (we're
doing a 70th Anniversary CH concert in January -- many of our charts are
first generation photocopies of the original charts from the BG Archive
at Yale -- some handwritten notes by and to "Harry" and "Nose" --
presumably, Elman -- haven't seen "Chris" yet), and many of your subjects
interest me greatly -- but I have to religiously avoid all the
tpt/jazz/music web sites and lists -- I don't have half enough time to
get done half of what I need, and once I get on the computer and start
chasing threads, and links, and rabbits down their rabbit holes, I'm lost
for hours.  I just got back on tpin and tpt herald yesterday for this
same purpose. So, let me know.  OK to post an auction link in the future?
Thanks, Denny SchrefflerTucson

--
We've Got Your Name @ www.mail.com!!!