[Dixielandjazz] Burt Wilson On National TV

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Sep 17 06:33:31 PDT 2007

Listmates,

Some of you may remember trombonist, Burt Wilson who is a former member of
DJML.  Burt had the first Dixieland band, the Silver Dollar Jazz Band, in
the original Shakeys Pizza parlor in
Sacramento in 1954.  He also did national advertising for Shakeys for
10-years.

Burt is the author of the book, "Shakey and Me," composer of the "California
Hot Tub Blues" and producer of the DVD "Wild Bill's Woman"--about Anne
Davison.

 Watch for Burt on PBS . . . see below.

--Bob Ringwald

-----

 Dear Friends--
It's upon us. Ken Burns' "The War" documentary will debut nationally on PBS
stations on Sunday, Sept. 23rd. They will run two segments a night for 7
nights.  There is a total of 14 hours to the whole documentary.

You will see my smiling face in a number of episodes, adding my comments on
how the war looked through the eyes of a 10-year-old.

I saw some clips last week and met Ken Burns and he is a real person,
believe me, and he and his people do wonderful work.

Happy viewing. Write and tell me how you liked it.

Burt Wilson
 burtwilson1933 at yahoo.com