[Dixielandjazz] Sticking it to the schdule.

tduncan tduncan at bellatlantic.net
Fri Sep 14 15:07:09 PDT 2007

 I am reading George Wein's autobiography . .. Lots of good stuff in there
about some OKOM people like Wild Bill, Vic Dickinson, etc. Wein talks about
the Newport Jazz Festival that was the big breakthrough for that event when
Duke Ellington totally ignored Wein's frantic attempts to get him to end the
finale set and went on to higher and greater musical heights until the
audience almost exploded. Then, he brought it back down and finally closed
the set in his own good time . . . creating a memorable musical event.

Regards,

Tom Duncan
Doctor Dubious and the Agnostics
PO Box 2118      Teaneck, NJ 07666
P   (201)836-6076     FAX   (201)833-4143
www.doctordubious.com