[Dixielandjazz] Broken Promises

Scott Anthony santh at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 12 17:46:54 PDT 2007

Broken Promises is NOT by Clancy Hayes even though he made it appear to be.
It was written by Daphne King. She was a wonderful, kind, and talented
composer and artist who wrote a number of tunes that Clancy claimed for
himself. I think they were an "item" at the time. She lived in Coos Bay, OR
and used to come to see us (both the Golden Gate Rhythm Machine and Bob
Schulz Frisco Jazz Band) when we played the festival there.

A few years ago she gave Bob Schulz the verse to Broken Promises that nobody
had ever sung before. He recorded it on the Remembering Clancy CD. Daphne
passed away, I think last year, but it could have been the year before.

I can probably find or get from Schulz the leadsheet including the verse. It
would be easier for you to just get the CD!

Scott Anthony
Golden Gate Rhythm Machine
.