[Dixielandjazz] Sound men...speaking of...

Bill Allen ballen at deltapathology.com
Tue Sep 11 11:36:05 PDT 2007

People designing large public buildings - such as churches - actually design
them PURPOSEFULLY to be "dead". They figure on deadening the building so you
can't hear money dropping in the offering plate, babies crying, coughing,
and just put a mike in front of everything you're SUPPOSED to hear. I've had
architechts look at me in disbelief when i tell them that the area around
the choir should be LIVE - lined with hard reflective surfaces, hard floor
as opposed to carpet, no drapery, etc. They wonder why i just don't get more
microphones.