[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Standards to West End Blues Cadenza

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 11 00:45:21 PDT 2007

Dear Steve,
Further to your long and very interesting Louis piece:
1. Yes, "Ain't Misbehavin'" was backed by "(What Did I Do To Be So)
Black & Blue" on Okeh 8714, recorded on 22 July 1929.
2. Margaret Johnson's "Changeable Daddy of Mine" with accompaniment by
Clarence Williams' Blue Five [which I've had for yonks, and so know
that Louis' break well] was recorded on 25 November 1924 and can be
heard on the indispensable Red Hot Jazz Archive site
  <redhotjazz.com>
Kind regards,
Bill.