[Dixielandjazz] A sound-man sounds-off

Gary Kiser tubalips63 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 00:03:29 PDT 2007

Gordon,

I here ya talkin'.  What I hear the most is a request for achange at the
beginning of a set, then nothing until the end of the set/concert.  After
the set/concert, the musician will complain that I raised or lowered the
monitor too much.  Well, if you can ask for an adjustment once, do it again
'till its right.

However, I do have one comment :

2007/9/8, GWW174 at aol.com <GWW174 at aol.com>:

> [snip]
> So the poor inexperienced sound tech is looking at a mass of a zillion
> knobs to turn and trying to figure out which one and how much
> to turn it up and pray that the musician is now happy or that the system
> does
> not go into feedback.

What the heck is a "poor inexperienced sound tech" doing behind the sound
board at a major music event?

All the best, Gary