[Dixielandjazz] More from the Alternate Lyrics dept

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Sep 8 22:16:23 PDT 2007

maybe this one? does not quite scan to "Grey Bonnet" but is very close.

THE CONFEDERATE VICTORY SONG

Cindy Lee don't bring your hanky
I just shot me a Yankee
Tell the slaves to keep a-working in the fields
Soon Abe Lincoln will surrender
And the Rebel Yell we'll render
As we set the Union Army on its heels
Jefferson Davis don't you worry
We'll be winning in a hurry
You'll be sitting in the White House by and by
Cindy Lee don't bring your hanky
Cause I just shot me a Yankee
And the South is gonna win so don't you cry

http://tmazanec1.xepher.net/smashflops.html

also has my favorite song that the late Dave Cotter used to sing:

There'll be a hot, hot time in Lakehurst, New Jersey
When the Hindenburg lands today
All the band is gonna play
And we'll all hip hip hurray
When the Hindenburg lands today
All the way from Germany you've flown to us
And we know that your motto is "New Jersey or bust!"

(there is more - adapted by Phil Ochs
http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~trent/ochs/lyrics/smash-flop-hits.html )

Dave Richoux