[Dixielandjazz] New Requests

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Sat Sep 8 07:47:44 PDT 2007

"Isn't this a lovely day to be (get?) caught in the rain" sent off list.
This was made famous by Fred Astaire. It's a neat, lilting 2-beat tune.

Another Berlin/Astaire tune is "Change partners"--a really nice ballad
that works very well as slow rhumba. I've known the tune for years, but
heard the rhumba version of all places on grocery store muzak; to top it
off, rather than the usual [expl. del.] amplified guitar melody line, the
guitar work was great...

--Sheik