[Dixielandjazz] How did key tunes get into the standard dixieland repertoire?

Marty Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 17:37:50 PDT 2007

"Message: 10
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:36:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: dwlit at cpcug.org
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] How did key tunes get into the standard
 dixieland repertoire
To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
 <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>

Hi Gang. How did key pop tunes come into the standard Dixieland
 repertoire?
Who introduced 'em, or made 'em popular enough so that dixielanders
adopted 'em? <snip>

--Sheik"

  If I understand the question, I would say that the tunes most often recorded by the best known bands would be the tunes we all heard and copied. Of course this wouldn't hold for the bands that strive to play obscure tunes almost no one else knows. JMHO.

  Marty Nichols
  Trombonist
  http://myspace.com/freemarty