[Dixielandjazz] Metal Clarinets

David Washburn tootn4u at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 05:52:50 PDT 2007

There were some good metal clarinets made. I restored one that my dad played
back in the forties. It plays well and in tune. While opinions differ, I
believe the majority of sound characteristic is created by the person and
the mouthpiece. I have never seen an Albert metal clarinet. That does not
mean they were not made. But I think in the brief period of manufacture of
the metal clarinet the Boehem system was pretty much accepted as the
standard.

Thanks,
Dave in Dallas