[Dixielandjazz] Clapping (was Shame, Steve!)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Sep 2 16:33:09 PDT 2007

Fr M J ((Mike)) Logsdon wrote [snipped]:
> Joking aside, I first encountered clapping on one and three with the
> George
> Lewis at Miami Univ, Oxford, OH, material from Geo Buck.  It's
> hilarious to
> hear such enthusiasm so ill-timed, as it were!

Dear Mike and Steve,
Nothing hilarious about those George Lewis 'Oxfords'.
I bought three of them from our Oz Jazzology distributer, Peter Cowden
(a mate) and was so disappointed with the audience response - and the
selection of tunes, I decided to sell them.
Peter runs a jazz record mail order and secondhand record business, so
I gave the "Oxfords' to him to sell for me just before we went on
holiday.
When I got back, Peter told me he had had no trouble at all in selling
"those George Lewis' Mosaics".
Yep. In my haste I had given him the wrong CD set!
A quick letter to Mosaic and I bought another set - just before the
limited edition ran out.
Phew. That was close.
I still have the 3 Oxfords.
8>)