[Dixielandjazz] Just a Closer Walk With Thee.

Ron Wheeler ronald_wheeler at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 30 11:50:09 PDT 2007

Something wrong with the link...

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Steve Barbone
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:03 PM
To: lherault at bu.edu
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Just a Closer Walk With Thee.

Here's a note I received from Roger Wade which I hope he won't mind my
posting. The link to an mp3 is included. IMO a very nice rendition of Closer
Walk with the organ, the modulations and the ending cadenzas.

His web site is very interesting also and worth a surf.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to share one of my favorite versions of "Just a Closer Walk With
Thee" with you.  Here is a link to an mp3 of it:

http://home.comcast.net/~rwade19474/JustaCloserWalkWithThee.mp3

I get a kick out of the use of the organ, only on this track; it was the
band's theme song.