[Dixielandjazz] Fixing Recordings

Rob Wright rwright at siatucson.com
Tue Oct 30 11:01:31 PDT 2007

Steve,

We already have the technology to do what you are afraid of.  The irony is
that "perfect" does not sound right to our ears.  It comes out flat, or
emotionless.  I have made two banjo CDs one track at a time, many with full
synthesized orchestral accompaniment.  The recording process is every bit as
artistic as the playing.  My band cds are recorded live in the studio and
they still require many hours of mixing.  I enjoy studio recordings myself.
It's still garbage in garbage out, though.  Rob