[Dixielandjazz] Isradixie

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 16:39:33 PDT 2007

Hello,
I put my money where my mouse is, and went to hear the Isradixie; I've
just come back.  Wow!  They seem to be getting better and better!
Their "West End Blues" was so different than last time I heard them
(not too long ago).  And "Petit Fleur!"  I must admit that I am sick
and tired of hearing it again and again; so, whn Jacqes Sany started
it, I was rather disappointed, thinking; "Not AGAIN!"  But, after the
soprano statement of the melody, Merton Cahm came in on his tenor,
with a very nice solo (I do tend to understatement), followed bu an
improvised one by Jacques, before he went back to the melody itself.
Wonderful!  The only other player I've heard  improvising like that on
"Fleur" was Edmond Hall (actually, I have several Bechet version, each
different, and with different playing time, despite being deceptively
similar).
One of the better jazz shows I've heard in a long time (and last June
I heard Warren and Allan Vache, Evan Christopher, John Bunch, Bucky
Pizzarelli, and some other jazz greats).
Cheers
SUPPORT LIVE JAZZ!