[Dixielandjazz] Pancho Villa

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:56:02 PDT 2007

Hello folks,
If the subject hase caused you to think of people wearing sombreros
and shooting big guns - forget it!
In a dixcography I have, as well as in the liner to my recently
acquired LP by Seeger Ellis and His Choir of Brass, the clarinet
player is identified as "Pancho Villa" (in the liner - Irving Fazola
or Pancho Villa).  This seems too much!  Have you got any idea who was
hiding under taht pseudonym?  I can't hear much difference between the
two clarinet players, but, as my acquaintance with Fazola is mainly
through Bob Crosby's old recording, I cannot identify him as such.
Cheers