[Dixielandjazz] Teresa Brewer Obit - Music, Music, Music

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Oct 24 02:38:48 PDT 2007

Dick Sleeman wrote:
> Teresa Brewer loved Dixieland. Remember the tribute she did to Louis
> Armstrong in 1991? And her performance of Bessie Smith tunes with
> Basie?
> And her performance with Ellington?
> Let's also not forget her collaboration with The World's Greatest
> Jazzband on:
> "Good News" (RCA LSA 3205 1973)!

Dear Dick,
Great stuff too.
I have the WGJB 'Good News' LP and the Bessie one with Basie.
I've never heard the Ellingtons.
Apropos the recent thread "We gonna be rasslin' when the wagon comes"
[oh no, not again!]
and that line on Bessie's "Gimme A Pigfoot" (where some people hear
"arrested").
Well - Ms Brewer, on the 1973 Basie track, sings "wresslin'", which is
good enough for me.
Don't forget too that Teresa Brewer was married to Bob Theile (of "WWW"
fame) and he liked dixieland.
Kind regards,
Bill.