[Dixielandjazz] Red Hot Jazz Song Index

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 23 06:09:55 PDT 2007

I would like to thank those who have sent me nice comments.
I appreciate them, and it encourages me to keep it up.

I note that the odd-ball entries in some of the numeric categories
are primarily from the Paul Whiteman radio shows. and a few
are introduced due to the style of html used by Scott Alexander to
"decorate" the Paul Whiteman entries. Be assured I am looking at
modifying my scan code to get rid of those anomalies and bad links.
Html interpretation has been made rather difficult due to the looseness
of the rules (not in the specification , but in the -particularly
Microsoft--
decision to "allow" violations of the syntax to "work" in the browsers).

This is NOT a criticism of Scott who has done a fantastic and
herculean job of  providing the redhotjazz web site - and who has
been nice enough to allow me to do this indexing of his site.

Regards,
Craig