[Dixielandjazz] Some Really Nice Press on Local Effort

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 13:44:06 PDT 2007

I have been encouraged by a friend I sent this too off-list to go ahead and
post the link here.  The reporter and photographer did an excellent job of
conveying the essence of this.  I had no opportunity to edit, but really  only
two things need correcting. One, there have been youth banjo bands in  other
areas for generations, not only recently.  Second, the  psychological, and some
financial and instrument support I have been  getting is national at this
point, not just local.  If anyone has an entry  level banjo they would like to
donate to the cause.  One, it needs to  be in playable condition.  Two, I am not
incorporated and can provide no  tax deduction.  Three, I may be able to
reimburse you for shipping--will  have to decide that on an "as I get funds" basis.
 Here's the link:
(_http://www.southcountytimes.com/1editorialbody.lasso?-token.folder=2007-10-19&-token.story=70510.113117&-token.subpub_
(http://www.southcountytimes.com/1editorialbody.lasso?-token.folder=2007-10-19&-token.story=705
10.113117&-token.subpub) =)

I don't evaluate myself as having the knowledge and skills to do the same
with respect to directing a Dixieland Jazz Band, or I would.  Hopefully  someone
else will!  Hopefully several dozen somebody's!!!!

And my tips: I have learned already I should have set the age lower,
probably something like 8 - 15.  Almost all inquiries come from parents of  pre-teens
all the way down to six.  Second tip, Where are the kids?   They are in home
schooling; i.e., they seek opportunity for group music making  and you have no
competition from school music programs. Yea!
Ginny