[Dixielandjazz] more on Barnacle Bill

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:19:14 PDT 2007

I'd forgotten about the Mars rock...
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/07.10.97/mars-rock-9728.html
==============

http://tinyurl.com/399nra
And, Marek, I'd never made that connection to Hoagy....nor did I realize it was BG on the side, too!  hmmm..the things you learn.
The story I've read, probably in "Bix: Man and Legend" is that Venuti was not supposed to be on the sides that day, but just showed up to see who was in the studio.  They invited him in, and the rest is hilarious.

steve 'learnin', learnin', learnin' ' hoog