[Dixielandjazz] Seeking Information about Jack Fine & Ephie Resnick

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 18 07:55:05 PDT 2007

List mates:

I received the following email from a well known Canadian writer about jazz
and jazz history. He seeks information about Herbie Nichols who frequented
the loft jazz scene in NYC, as well as The Cinderella Club in the 1960s.

He specifically wants to contact Jack Fine (tpt) and Ephie Resnick (tb) who
were active in that milieu and would have know Herbie Nichols. I lost my
contact addresses for both Jack and Ephie about a year ago. Does anyone on
either list have such info?

Last I knew (about a year ago) Jack was alive in Gretna LA, and Ephie on
Long Island.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

>Dear Mr. Barbone,

>I realize that this comes rather out of the blue, but please bear with me while
<I explain. I am a Canadian writer, the author of eight books on
jazz-related >subjects, and I have taken an interest in the pianist Herbie
Nichols as a >potential subject for a biography.