[Dixielandjazz] Early Jazz Bands and musicians who read

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Tue Oct 16 09:59:40 PDT 2007

Thank you Larry. My college my the Denver campus of the
University Of Colorado. Denver is a pretty big city that is
always growing. This year's group has about nine pieces. We have
a vocalist, a guy who doubles on guitar and banjo, bass, piano,
drums, trumpet, clarinet/tenor sax, trombone and violin.

The violinist is new but she can read well. We usually meet once
a week on Tuesday evenings. For us we would like more gigs other
than just the usual summer festivals. The problem is that in my
city the music is being played as much as I'd like to see. The
Denver Jazz Club is our main supporters and they hold monthly
concerts. We get to play there once a year.

Mike