[Dixielandjazz] Blind Willie Dunn's Gin Bottle Four

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Tue Oct 16 06:09:22 PDT 2007

Query posted on Facebook by Dave Bock:

I'm still looking for more opinions or information. I think Brian Rust
credits King Oliver as the cornet player on Jet Black Blues by Blind Willie
Dunn's Gin Bottle Four recorded for Okeh in April 1929. I believe the cornet
player is Tommy Dorsey. You can hear the recording here:
http://www.redhotjazz.com/Songs/Lang/jetblack.ram

For a recording of Tommy Dorsey playing cornet, check out Tiger Rag here:
http://www.redhotjazz.com/tommy.html

What do you think?? King Oliver or Tommy Dorsey??