[Dixielandjazz] New Kid Ory CD

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 13 18:10:04 PDT 2007

Dear friends,
Our dear jazz mate George Buck of Jazzology fame has quietly done it
again!
Reissued another Kid Ory album: 'The Complete Kid Ory Columbia Session
1946'.
American Music AMCD-121
This important release finally brings together all the 'takes' from the
historic 12th and 21st October 1946 recording sessions with Kid, Mutt,
Barney, Buster, Bud, Ed, Minor and Helen Andrews.
Magnificent!!!  And It hasn't aged a bit.
Also included as a bonus on the CD are 7 tunes from the rare Jubilee
broadcast of 22 Oct 1949.
It's hard to realise that the Columbia stuff was recorded (almost to
the day) 61 years ago.
I started with the 78s, bought the LPs and then collected the
alternates as they snuck through.
Now it's all in one well-remastered package courtesy of George and a
deal with Sony BMG Music.
Playing it now.
And I'm still in complete awe of Mutt Carey.
Go get it.
Kind regards,
Bill.