[Dixielandjazz] Candy Lips

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Sat Oct 13 10:30:19 PDT 2007

> Bill Haesler wrote
> Then again for Columbia on 25 Jan 1927 by Clarence Williams' Jazz Kings.
> However, the one we all know and love (here in Australia) is the
> hottest version and was recorded for Okeh by Clarence Williams'
> Washboard Four on 29 Jan 1927.

Keith Replied:
>I'll look out for the Washboard Four version
> Keith Garner
> www.jazzpzazz.co.uk

If you like the tune, make sure you listen to the 25 Jan '27 record. The
1/29 record has a cornet-clarinet front line, and IIRC somewhat faster and
I suppose for that reason might be considered "hotter" than the 1/25, but
the latter has a glorious clarinet duet that lights a *fire*.

--Sheik