[Dixielandjazz] Candy Lips

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Sat Oct 13 08:06:07 PDT 2007

> Keith Garner asked:
>> I wonder if anyone could please help me with a lead sheet for "Candy
>> Lips". There may well be more than one tune with this name, the one
>> I'm looking for dates
>> probably from the twenties since it was recorded by Clarence Williams.

Re the 2 Anderson sheets Phil Wilking sent Keith:
The "instrumental" version is from the hot record, with the intro and ending.
The "Vocal" version is from the sheet music.
My sheet in "Dixieland Fake Book Vol. 2" uses the sheet music version,
incorporates Williams' intro, ending, and the 8 bar prelude to the verse.

--Sheik