[Dixielandjazz] song title

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 12 14:57:12 PDT 2007

>> Gerard Bielderman asked "Is there anybody who knows more about a song
>> titled "You'll be wrestling (or razzling?) till the wagon comes"?"
and
>> Bob Rinngwald replied " Those words are contained in the song, "Good
>> Old Wagon" [actually "You've Been A Good Ole Wagon"] . Bessie Smith
>> recorded it.

Close Bob,
But no ceegar!
In "Gimme A Pigfoot", composed by Wesley Wilson and recorded in New
York for Okeh by Bessie Smith on Friday 24 November 1933 she sang:
"Check all your razors and your guns, we gonna be rasslin' when the
wagon comes."
Maybe this is what Gerard was referring to or, it may also be a
humorous 'quote' by Wilson (via Bessie) from an earlier song.
Only Gerard can tell us at this point.
Kind regards,
Bill.