[Dixielandjazz] Worn out blues [+ Whip Me With Plenty Of Love]

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 11 16:51:10 PDT 2007

Gerard Bielderman wrote:
> The version of this tune [Worn Out Blues] by the Swedish Jazz Kings on
> Opus 3 CD19703 is the slow one!

Dear Gerard (and the others still interested in this thread),
Thank you for that.
And....ooops...I have that Opus 3 Swedish Jazz Kings CD.
I also have this group's 2CD set from the 2002 Whitely Bay Jazz
Festival with cornetist Bob Barnard and a fast version of "Whip Me....".
Also in my collection is the SJK's "Worn Out Blues" [slow] on Stomp Off
1122.
Forgot all about these.
Please don't tell my dear mates Tomas Ornberg and Bent Persson.
There are also two more Stomp Off LPs of "Worn Out Blues" I missed.
•Jazz O' Maniacs". Stomp Off 1046
•Grand Dominion Jazz Band. Stomp Off 1189.
However, according to listmate Dick Baker's indispensable Stomp Off
'Index of Tune Titles and Composers', both of these play "Whip Me With
Plenty Of Love"!
Based on Dick's acceptance that the SJK's "Worn Out Blues" on Stomp Off
1123 [slow] is correct, I assume that he believed (at the time) that
the fast tune was "Whip Me With Plenty Of Love".
What say lurker Dick?
As I initially implied, this one is a mess.
Kind regards,
Bill.