[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

rahberry at comcast.net rahberry at comcast.net
Wed Oct 10 10:15:06 PDT 2007

DJMLers:

The following announcement is from Clint Baker's web page.  Any of you in the area should drop by.  I would if only.....

"Friday
Oct. 12th	Performing with the Hot Club of San Francisco (bass) Riley Center (Meridian, MS). 8:00 pm. Silent Surrealism, an evening of silent surrealist films with live gypsy jazz. Tickets $22 & $16. For more information visit: http://www.msurileycenter.com/theatre/season.cfm"

Musicians are:  Paul Mehling, lead guitar and leader, Clint Baker, bass, (and sometimes cornet and vocals), Evan Price, violin, Jason Vanderford, guitar, and Jeff, guitar.  Sorry I don't know Jeff's last name; I couldn't find it on the Hot Club's web page.

This is a very exciting group, playing mostly Django, and doing it very well.

  -- Rae Ann