[Dixielandjazz] DJML Topics

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Oct 4 11:37:06 PDT 2007

RE: List Topics
On any given day I scan through the postings.  There are usually about half
that I'm not interested in at all.  I just go up the line and delete them
without even looking at them.  There are some I open such as the 499th
posting on Louis Armstrong just in case there is something interesting but
it only takes a second or two to scan that.
After about five minutes or less I have purged the list for the days closer
review.  Then I read the threads I am interested in and even the rather long
quotes from some source or web reference and I watch the occasional Utube
flick.

If I were just reading the list every day It would take me about 10 minutes,
or less, most days to absorb and delete.  All in all I spend about an hour
or less looking at and answering e-mails.  Some would think this is too much
time but I find it interesting or I wouldn't do it.

Personally I dislike the Digest and the instant I see it my finger is moving
to the delete key.  The reason is that you have to look through a bunch of
junk and those that include all the attached e-mails of the various threads.

Since I don't read the digest and I have a high speed internet connection
the length of e-mails is not important and does not slow down the process
any at all.

I find that having the previous comments attached is a good thing because I
can quickly refer to the whole comment(s) and not just a snip and I don't
have to search around for it.  I do quite often remove the various replies
before sending them on but only because some of you object to them.

The only reason why I would think that anyone would object to what is on the
list is if they were still on dial up.  In that case I would think that
redundant or lengthy e-mails might be a drag.  I, a long time ago, bit the
bullet and got upgraded.  Now that's an Idea.
Larry
StL