[Dixielandjazz] Maylon Clark Obit

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Thu Oct 4 03:26:02 PDT 2007

Of possible interest to Stan and perhaps some members of the list,
Maylon's son Kevin has been the sound mixer on several movies, and
recordings. One of the better things I feel he did outside the studios
as a Sound Engineer was to put out the only solo recording his father
probably made with his name on it? Besides Welk, Maylon was on many
recordings as mentioned in the obit.

The cassette was aptly titled, "Hiding In Plain Sight". I loved that
title, and the music was not bad either!  I have the cassette here
somewhere. One of the fortunate few (to quote the title of a song by the
blues singer, Delbert McClinton). Maylon  was a great clarinet player.
Highly under rated as many musicians are.

For any Jack Sheldon fans, Jack once heard a movie sound track that
Kevin did and hired him to mix a couple of his recordings. Only later
did he discover that Maylon was his father. The results were excellent.
Score another one for the gene pool.

Rest in peace Maylon.

Lowell

PS  Maylon was a heavy smoker and lived to 84, so those of you who still
smoke can take heart, if it does not fail on you first.