[Dixielandjazz] DJML Topics

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Oct 3 22:55:35 PDT 2007

Mike,

I was not the one who jumped on anyone for mentioning the dentist drill
music.  It was some other members.

It clearly states in the DJML FAQ that the moderating of subjects should be
done by the DJML moderator and not by members.

If anyone has a complaint, I'd appreciate that they write to me and not post
it on the List.

As far as the war thread goes, it was originally brought up because a
musician and former Listmate is interviewed in several segments.  Between
that and the 1930 and 1940 music used, it is a natural to be commented on
here on DjML.

>From that, a few people mentioned a few things about the war.  This is a
natural conversation -- Just as if you were standing at the bar talking.
One theme leads to another.

If the thread deviates a little, I let it run its course.  It usually goes
away on its own accord.  If it doesn't, then eventually I have to ask that
it be stopped.

I try to use common sense in moderating this list.  Some folks think I am
too lenient and some folks think I am too rigid.  We have 350 members, all
with different ideas.  you can't please all of the people, all of the time.

Over all, compared to most lists, this is a very friendly group and it stays
pretty much on topic most of the time.

Best,

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

"We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way
through
Congress."  --Will Rogers