[Dixielandjazz] Bix sighting.

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:09:14 PDT 2007

No sighting, just listening.
Despite what the RUDE Mr. Schwartz (deaf, too? Either he or I) thinks,
I've started the Bix CDs again, and, as before, I don't hear the
special Bix magic ("a girl saying yes").  The ideas are there, the
frasing - but not the tone!  And, as Bix influenced almost every white
cornet/trumpet player (even Red Nichols changed his style), this
sopunds like any of them, but the Bix magic (so clear on even the
Italian Joker reissue of the Wolverines) is missing!
Cheers
BTW, the recorded examples of his playing on Mysapce are not bad at
all, rude and/or deaf or not!