[Dixielandjazz] The Bill Sargent Bands

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 27 14:25:22 PST 2007

I'm listening to a copy of Bill's CD as I write this. IMO, it is excellent.
The 4 different Bill Sargent bands are a treat as is the music.

Way to go Bill. Sure is a good reason to listen to the guys who are living
and playing in the here and now. And for a clarinet wannabe, it's a pleasure
to hear Chuck Hedges work, especially "Avalon". Great musicians and great
rhythm sections. Can't make no drummer jokes here, you be swingin. <grin>

Wish you continued success with your efforts.

The album name is "The Best of Bill Sargent Bands, Volume 1" and I recommend
it highly. Visit his site and hear what he is saying musically. Then, if you
agree with me, by all means buy it. You won't be sorry.

http://billsargentbands.com/recordings.htm

Cheers,
Steve Barbone