[Dixielandjazz] Creativity and Mental Illness - was FrankRosolino

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Thu Nov 22 08:36:27 PST 2007

Actually mental illnesses are caused by chemical imbalances in the brain and
are quite treatable with the proper medication in the right dosages.  The
person I know with schizophrenia has had it under control with medication
(at least most of the time) for 30 years.

Blaming demons for an imbalance in dopamine or seratonin or any other
neurochemical is like blaming them for diabetes.  And now before this gets
too far off topic, I'm ending my part of this discussion.

Hal Vickery