[Dixielandjazz] Creativity and Mental Illness - was Frank Rosolino

Mike C. mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Wed Nov 21 22:08:53 PST 2007

Good points and an excellent post as usual Steve.

Thanks for posting that. I've always wondered if schizophrenia, as in
the case of Thelonious Monk, and depression as in the case of Rosolino,
had anything to do with their top notch musical skills.

Miles Davis(who had his own problems) once said that "It's a gift
hearing music the way I do. I just know it's there and I don't question it."

I'm just glad these men were able to share their beautiful music with us
even if it was only for a short while.

Mike