[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Jerry Fuller

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Nov 20 14:52:17 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Leary"
To: "Robert S. Ringwald" <robert at ringwald.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:15 PM
Subject: RE: [Dixielandjazz] Jerry Fuller

> >I might have missed some info on the site but I would like to know what
> >anyone can tell me about Jerry Fuller. I always admired his playing but
> >was
> >blown away by a record that I have with Jerry playing with Jack
> >Teagarden.
> >chuck

     He moved to the Boston area in what I'm guessing was the
mid-seventies,and was managing a restaurant in Lynn,Mass., which is just
north of Boston.  The restaurant, as best I can recall was
Somebody-or-other's Lighthouse,  Romy's Lighthouse, maybe.  He played
occasionally,but nowhere near as much as a guy with his talent should have.
As I remember, the word on him was he was just keeping his nose to the
grindstone running this restaurant.  Some of the other Boston guys might
know a lot more than me...Mazzy, maybe,or Monat.

He also made a TV show in Chicago in 1970, one episode of a PBS  show called
Just Jazz,as a sideman in a band led by Marty Grosz.  Marty might have kept
in touch,  I don't know.  That's all I got.

              Bob Leary